Feature Request: Search inside Styles

In Tangible / Styles it would be extremely helpful if the Search Style button actually searches for content inside of the styles. Currently, it seems to only search the Titles shown on that page.

Hi @RichardC, could you expand on this? I’m not sure I’ve ever seen a “Search Style” button. If I’m inside a template/style and hit ctrl + f, I get this search bar that pops up and when I use it, it seems to work.

Alternatively, I tried using my browser’s search option and that works too. I’m just not quite sure what you’re referring to.

Right hand side. Interestingly, it seems that the similar Search Template button actually searches the content of templates.

Oh interesting, can’t say that I’ve ever used that feature myself but you’re right. I just checked it out and it seems to search inside the ‘template’ tab of the template or layout post type, but nowhere else. It can’t search for styles, scripts, or blocks. It also doesn’t seem to search inside the ‘style’ or ‘script’ tab of a template, only the ‘template’ tab. I think I might actually report this as a bug so that I can get a dev to look into whether this is the intended behavior or not.

Thanks. Without the ability to search, I’m hesitant to sprinkle CSS throughout templates and in different styles.