Why should I learn L&L when I could just learn PHP?

I’ve seen sentiments like this come up more and more in the past few weeks as people in the broader WP ecosystem discover Loops & Logic and ask (rightfully) why someone would learn to write L&L templates when they could just learn PHP, the foundation of WordPress itself.

There was a great comment thread on Facebook about this so I turned that into a blog post so that everyone here on the forum can benefit from it. I’m curious to hear your thoughts on the ideas mentioned in the article!

3 Likes

The project I’ve been working on would be impossible without L&L because as you mentioned I don’t have time to learn PHP and I don’t want to. Being a good back-end developer is a full time job and takes several years to master.

Even if I was to pay a developer the time lost communicating requirements, testing and bug fixing would slow things down too much.

The difference is really your goals, some people want to learn to code as a profession and others just want to build something without installing 25 plugins. :man_shrugging:t2:

2 Likes